- Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets for projects under his/her responsibility and suggests appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
- Documents and records delays, changes in scope, and any other incidents that impact the scope of work or schedule.
- Develops project budget and scope and pursues all cost saving opportunities to maximize project profitability.
- Performs critical path analysis and prepares and implements work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Conducts meetings, consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) with all levels of the company and customers.
- Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Oversees and manages the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects, and liaises between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- May direct several contractors at one time depending on project scope. Duties include contractor safety management.
- May lead remote projects, typically within Iowa.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Regularly interacts and interfaces with customers.
- May coordinate projects that utilize internal labor (bargaining unit) and/or external subcontractors.
- Utilizes established industry networks to efficiently complete projects.
- Work effectively within the contractual requirements of internal (bargaining unit) labor.
- May have minimal travel.
- May have business development responsibilities.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral forms
- Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Prior experience leading commercial construction projects