Sr. Construction Manager
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company with record growth. Nexius employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and multiple benefit plan options
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Company-wide events and celebrations
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is looking for a Sr. Construction Manager Champion to join our growing team in the Los Angeles, CA/Orange County Area. The Sr. Construction Manager will be responsible for utilizing expertise in wireless project management to develop strategies in order to effectively build, manage, deploy and operate a large-scale metropolitan market and/or region. They will support the Market Manager on all development activities for a defined project, including supporting our internal network deployment team.
What You'll Do:
- Build, manage and motivate all members of the team
- Support Market Manager by tracking project objectives, resource loading, and timelines
- Support Market Manager on continuous improvement initiatives and oversee process improvement teams
- Communicate project status reports to the customer and executive leadership team including risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Manage fast track, large-scale multi-faceted telecommunications projects with emphasis on electrical, construction, tower lighting, and monitoring
- Manage daily calls and deliverables from multiple vendors to review projected forecasts for the day/week for construction starts, completions, and rejections
- Ensure daily/weekly reporting to client is accurate and on track
- Oversee a Quality Control group
The Qualities You Possess:
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Driven to succeed, and able to work flexible hours and under pressure.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience in wireless deployment projects to include sales support and project management
- Financial analysis and budgeting skills, P&L experiencepreferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy
- Local to the Market
- Strong and Lengthy Experience with the local market's various municipalities including all Planning, Zoning, Permitting and Site Development requirements
- Previous experienceworking with the Utility Companies is a Plus
- Experience with the design/permitting of wireless equipment applications on towers, rooftops, wood utility poles (Communication, Power and Above Power Space Locations), in addition to street & traffic lights
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide quick and accurate course correction