This position is responsible for the safety, quality, financial, production, schedule, vendor management/invoice approval, crew management/timesheet approval, site expectation setting, close out aggregation/dissemination per market project timeline requirements, inventory, and customer satisfaction performance of their assigned projects, which are typically initiative/activity specific (i.e. new site build, LTE, MOD's, or UMTS). The Sr. Construction Manager serves as site specific construction expert to achieve the objectives established by the program management plan, the program contract, the client, and regulatory agencies. The Sr. Construction Manager has responsibility for all phases of construction (design, pre-construction, post-construction and final closeout). You will also have direct responsibility and accountability for the success of their project in regards to both customer satisfaction and financial results in accordance with Delegation of Authority (DOA) matrix.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with the Project Manager to develop and manage safety, quality, financials, production, schedule, inventory, resource, and customer satisfaction objectives as it relates to the construction phase assigned projects.
- Serves as the site specific expert for assigned projects.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop initial project specific budgeted cost and budgeted revenue estimates in an effort to mitigate cost overruns for the construction portion of assigned projects.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager take lead responsibility for all revenue and cost components of the construction portion of project.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop and maintain the forecasted construction schedule for assigned projects and report on all milestone actualizations/schedule changes.
- Create, maintain and archive SOW/OOM/BOMs for assigned projects.
- Review RFDS and other RF engineering documents to determine constructability and develop SOW/OOM/BOM. Advise the Project Manager/Customer of any problems with the constructability of the RFDS design.
- Review surveys (ground, tower and shelter) as required for each project.
- Review project drawings and provide design recommendations. Review and interpret project drawings for accurate SOW/OOM/BOM. Provide input to A&E and Project Managers with drawing redlines when required.
- Identify and schedule various sub-contractors/internal crews required for the project build.
- Receive and review sub-contractor quotes, change-orders and invoices. Work with Project Controls in issuance of sub-contractor Purchase Orders and payment of sub-contractor invoices.
- Ensure all pass through costs are accounted for in the SOW/OOM/BOM.
- Provide coordination as needed with utility companies, OEMs, tenants and federal, state and local municipal requirement including: construction permit/inspection requirements, notifications, access, punch lists and close-out.
- Monitor WTC crew time that is being billed against assigned jobs.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings to clarify the safety, quality, SOW/OOM/BOM, schedule and closeout requirements for internal WTC crews/sub-contractors and ensure accurate and complete SOW/OOM/BOM is in place and approved by WTC customer prior to starting construction.
- Monitor safety, quality, and schedule during the course of construction.
- Ensure all changes to the SOW/OOM/BOM that occur during the course of construction are being passed through to WTC customer, as real time as possible.
- Ensure all closeout requirements are being delivered as real time as possible and within natural cadence of the project.
- Participate in post-construction meetings to: verify WTC crew/sub-contractor quality, true-up sub-contractor Purchase Orders, true-up SOM/OOM/BOM, and verify that all closeout documents have been delivered.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of construction management experience within the telecommunications industry
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Strong organizational communication (written, verbal and compute) skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, written and verbal skills (including technological devices)
- Management, establishment, and communication of clear goals and objectives
- Hands-on experience with directing the activities of contractors and crews for mechanical, electrical, civil and structural construction in an industrial setting
- Ability to read engineering drawings maps
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, or comparable programs/systems
- Works primarily in an office environment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk , hear, stoop, kneel and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pound
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel, as required, for job related functions