Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 55 days ago
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of SeniorConstructionEngineer - Mechanical, we'll count on you to:
• Study with mechanical BIM coordinators to gain knowledge of the project electrical drawing file setup and access
• Together with HDR prime mechanical team review selected mechanical submittals and respond to mechanical RFI's.
• Act as HDR MDN team mechanical on-site construction representative and attend/participate in appropriate progress meetings.
• Develop working relationships of proactive open communications and collaboration with all parties involved at the site and at the HDR office towards betterment and success of the project
• Observe mechanical construction in field including site mechanical utilities, airside, waterside, equipment, both in the central plant and Data Center.
• Endeavor to understand, observe and coordinate mechanical construction with all other related trades and design disciplines towards a successful and coordinated project construction
• Evaluate the need and times for additional HDR mechanical design team members to visit the field for specific issues and general co-observations
• Create CAD sketches and make minor modifications of the mechanical BIM files as needed with assistance of the HDR office mechanical team.
• Provide mechanical installation and testing observations
• Write daily field reports of observations to be logged online and available to the HDR office and to the client
• Provide assistance to the client, the GC, subs, the HDR office for mechanicla field measurements and with the GC's assistance and owners' permission getting key photographs of site conditions needed for coordination and resolution of construction issues
• Observe commissioning activities at substantial completion
• Create and keep list of suggested design and documentation improvements and operational lessons learned gained from the site perspective and present tense periodically to the HDR office team and client
• Perform final punch list walks and production per the Owner's and GC's schedule
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field
• 5-10+ years related experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
• Experience developing and managing construction engineering projects
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, wenetwork with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Texas-Dallas
: RegularBusinessClass: General Architecture
: Feb 22, 2019