$100K — $150K *
• Promote and protect Tesla’s reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world’s most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide. Manage multiple construction projects through design, build and qualification.
• Provide field safety oversight of construction work activities.
• Conduct project walks focused on work safe practices and conduct coaching conversations with workers when corrections are required.
• Facilitate safety meetings where safety trends, gap analyses, and mitigation plans are communicated.
• Review high hazard work prior to execution to include critical lifts, confined space entries, high voltage work, pressure testing, fall protection plans, etc.
• Participate in project kick off meetings and describe EHS site specific expectations.
• Pre-qualify contract companies by evaluating safety data history and EHS programs to determine if contract company meets or exceeds Tesla standards.
• Be a resource to the construction project management team and provide guidance, assistance and direction regarding EHS requirements.
• Ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal health and safety regulations.
• Develop, implement, and maintain EH&S policies, plans, and procedures.
• Lead and document accident/incident investigations to determine root cause, prevention and corrective measures.
• Participate in and contribute to project planning and hazard analysis.
• Perform frequent combined safety and environmental inspections and procedural audits in the field and have the skills, knowledge and ability to take immediate corrective action if required.
• Practice and maintain strong communication between all organizations
• Promote safe workspaces and create policies for workers to follow that minimize job-related hazards.
• Review existing Tesla standards and improve according to current trends & needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety/Industrial Hygiene or a related discipline
• 8 yrs of hands-on experience building high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (Automotive, tool/equipment installation, semiconductor, solar, battery, etc.).
• Experience in working with numerous city, county, state, and federal permitting authorities.
• CSP or CHST preferred.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced and changing environment.
• Background in electrical, mechanical and process plumbing systems, and heavy civil
• Working knowledge of OSHA, UBC, ISO, ANSI, RIA, NFPA, GB, codes.
• Desire to do the impossible with a positive and professional “never say die” attitude.
• Ability to communicate clearly and interface with team members.
• Strong desire to be a part of a world class team focused on achieving amazing results.
Valid through: 10/1/2020
$80K — $100K
11 days ago