Seeking a highest-level individual contributor for our Pricing and Modeling Commercial Lines Agribusiness team. This Individual will have significant functional management responsibility within the discipline but typically without formal direct reports.
• Consults with management and staff on quantitative and analytical modeling techniques and develops highly advanced principles and concepts.
• Conducts long term planning to determine the future direction of the research organization and/or product/company as a whole.
• Generally recognized as by internal and external profession as a high-level expert in the field.
• Reviews, validates, quality checks and provides guidance to the work of other analysts or consultants/managers as requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Advanced education in statistics or a related area, preferably a PhD.
• Prior experience within the Property & Casualty insurance industry.
Compensation Grade: H3
Please note: this opening can be filled at the Sr Consultant or Consultant (G4) level, depending on the relatedqualifications andexperience of the chosen candidate.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director or Sr. Executive. May have limited number of direct reports.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate studies in statistics, data science, data analytics, actuarial science, mathematics, marketing research or related fields. Postgraduate degree strongly preferred.
Experience: Typically nine years’ related experience with large data bases, analytical problem solving in a business environment, and with programming models and queries. Experience with SAS, SPSS, R, SQL or other software building predictive models and manipulating data. Experience working with insurance data and other comparable industry data experience to identify trends and opportunities. Experience in conceptualizing and designing models to address business needs. Experience in leading a statistical/actuarial based analytical project.
Knowledge: Extensive theoretical, practical and industry-specific knowledge is essential. Solid understanding and experience with statistical research tools and relative strengths and applicability, analysis software related to other research application areas such as marketing, finance, operations research and underwriting. Solid understanding of data sources both the external and internal and the modeling, systems, and regulatory implications of utilizing these data sources.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.