: I. Purpose of Position The Configuration Price Quote (CPQ) Senior Analyst is responsible for the requirements analysis, design, testing, implementing and support of digital sales tools with a very strong focus on Configure, Price and Quote (CPQ) throughout the enterprise. This role will require working with product managers to capture the configuration rules associated with different products and services, with sales professionals to better understand their needs, and with Engineering/Operations to design and test integration of sales tools with other systems, all to implement a best-in-class CPQ system. The ideal candidate will have previous exposure to CRM and CPQ systems, demonstrate strong technical aptitude, an understanding of business processes, a focus on user experience improvement, and a drive to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency through implementation and maintenance of Gilbarco’s CPQ system (Experlogix) along with other associated sales tools. The CPQ Senior Analyst will work to achieve streamlined processes, superior quality of service, best cost position, and outstanding reliability and availability. II. Key Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between Marketing and other parts of Gilbarco to drive CPQ and digital sales tools implementations
- Works on related projects as assigned.
- Actively works on related projects to broaden experiences and help the business accomplish its goals.
- Adhere to software migration, documentation storage and retention policies as it relates to IT audit requirements.
- Learn new applications/platforms to support the job function as needed.
- Adheres to on-going global CPQ-related initiatives and standards.
- Evaluates and implements new software products that will assist the business to reach its goals, keeping corporate directives and initiatives in mind, ensuring compliance with all current and forthcoming standards, audits, security requirements, ensure the integrity and security of intellectual property, etc.
- Support, maintain and develop interfaces between CPQ system and related business critical systems.
- Resolves issues pertaining to work product and projects. This includes issue identification and clarification, resolution tracking and communication of resolution to the user and/or user community.
- Work effectively with remote team members, outsourced resources, and users to complete tasks.
- Identifies and assists business partners in determining areas of improvement and automation opportunities to reduce business costs and increase business consistency and reliability. Identifies options and recommends best business practices as they apply to sales force automation.
- Ensures work is completed to meet schedules and deadlines for implementation and upgrade projects. Ensures agreed upon service level agreements are met.
- Work with the CRM team (salesforce.com) to ensure that sales tools work hand in hand to deliver maximum benefit to the Business
- Creates training plans and documentation as it applies to the CPQ system and other digital sales tools
- Develop test plans and conducts tests to software to ensure proper operations and freedom from defects and meet business requirements. Maintain systems to ensure reliability and performance.
- Works with the business development team in translating general design requirements into system specifications which they then implement in CPQ or other sales tools. Gather system requirements through business process reviews, individual reviews, document analysis, collection of specific business scenarios, and site visits.
- Act as a subject matter expert of the Experlogix platform
- Implements logic needed from Flintfox to drive correct price experience for customers
- Deployment and maintenance of digital sales tools with a focus on configure, price, and quoting (CPQ) systems
III. Key Relationships
- Engineering Management
- Operations Management
- Pricing/Marketing Management
- Finance Management
- IT Management
: IV. Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- At least 7 years Business Process or IT experience or other related experience
- At least 3 years of Software analyst and technical programming skill experience. Understands how software applications work and interface with each other.
- Demonstrated competency in other common applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio and Outlook.
- SQL programming and relational databases experience.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Exposure to CRM and ERP systems
- Ability to manage a project effectively and efficiently.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail, self-disciplined and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Possesses organizational skills.
- Commitment to deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.