The Sr. Configuration Manager provides configuration management operations across all baselines under configuration control, to include all documentation. Additionally, the Sr. Configuration Manager will provide support to the Program Executive Office Enterprise Information System (PEO EIS), Product Director Army Human Resource Systems (PD AHRS) with the implementation of an Accessions Information Environment (AIE)and its infrastructure, associated documentation and configuration, and change management (CM) processes to support the Army’s Accessions Enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the CM processes and procedures, tracking of CM tasks and action items, management of the change repository, and preparing and coordinating CM correspondence and documentation
- Develop and maintain CM policy, plan, charters, processes, and procedures.
- Review CM plans for compliance
- Assist in monitoring configuration control and configuration status for conformance with the Military Handbook-Configuration Management Guidance (current version)
- Provide configuration accounting in support of change management activities and facilitate/participate in applicable IPTs and Control Board
- Assist the Government in the review of status and effectiveness of the Systems Integrator (SI), and System Developer change control process
- Track software baselines to include licenses and maintenance agreements
- Maintain a repository to track and report on Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Change Requests (CR), and baseline analysis
- Participate in the preparation and coordination for Readiness Reviews
- Participate in the planning, conduct, and report preparation of Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs) and Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs)
- Manage and facilitate the Change Control process, to include material preparation for the Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Administer the flow of system change documentation between the various change reviews and control bodies, change requestors, and other participants in the change review and control processes
- Submit Configuration Management project deliverables upon Government request
- Identify Service Improvement opportunities and CM technology that will integrate with base solution.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of relevant experience required or 16+ years of experience in lieu of degree requirement
- 8+ years of experience performing configuration management on a large software development program
- 8+ years of experience in the utilization of automated CM tools and release management
- Extensive experience in the full complement of acquisition activities and can provide advanced advisory and liaison support to senior leaders that enable program success
- Experience in the Agile software development process
- Possess and maintain a valid state operator's license
- Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or on-call support
- Master’s degree and 10+ years of experience preferred
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.