Industry: Information Technology•
8 - 10 years
Posted 61 days ago
We are seeking an extremely knowledgeable, energetic, and highly motivated Configuration Management Engineer. You will be part of a team that is developing leading-edge technology and is highly committed to being successful. As a member of the CM team, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the development infrastructure, ensuring development and operations are performing as effectively as possible. The position requires an individual with a strong interest or background in process automation. You must be capable of identifying alternatives and solutions, and you must have strong oral and written communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• Specify, implement and support the development and operations infrastructure
• Work with development and operation teams to define best practices and refactor existing services to minimize inefficiencies
• Support the software build and release delivery processes, resolving build and test issues as necessary
• Identify new techniques to drive the CM initiative and stay current with the industry standards
• Consolidate and standardize operational processes around version control, build management, test management and release management tools
• Proactively seeks more information to address issues/problems. Understands how and where to obtain and utilize resources effectively to resolve issues and problems independently.
• Interface with cross-functional team members, customers and the field, as required, to answer questions about specific processes
• Manages multiple conflicting tasks and projects with conflicting priorities daily and decide how to proceed, establishes a realistic course of action to complete tasks, identifies the resources required for completion, redirects activities and resources when necessary, and manages multiple priorities effectively.
• Provide technical guidance and advice to lower level or less experienced engineers within the team. Understand/share experience as an engineer with new employees
• Ensure documentation and adequate training in policies and procedures of the system are available