- Develop, demonstrate proactive ownership of assigned systems/projects, including configurations, monitoring, process improvement with appropriate documentation for each of the tasks.
- Work closely with Development/Test/Management counterparts at all level, on requirements, problem identification and resolution related to Software Releases/Production/Non-Production Environments.
- Development of Proof of Concepts and integrate/enhance existing C.O.T.S./Custom Applications.
- Strong focus and ability to code and scripts in at least three from among PERL, Shell, JYTHON, Maven, ANT, PHP, Java, SQL.
- Comfortable to operate in an environment of frequent, incremental code-testing and deployments and problem resolution.
- Hands-on experience of System Administration of business applications.
- Application Capacity and Performance Planning.
- Experience with Database Administration, Deploying SQL objects and analyzing issues.
- System Administration skills with 7-11 years of CORE experience with WebLogic Application servers or WebSphere Application Server and at least one among Apache Tomcat/Glassfish/JBOSS, clustering experience is a must.
- System Administration skills with a minimum of 5+ years of experience from among: Apache, IBM HTTP Server, OTD, OHS.
- Experience with SVN (Linux Environment -Preferred), GIT, Jenkins/Hudson.
- Hands-on experience in programming in at least three from among JYTHON, PYTHON, PERL, SHELL, SQL, ANT, PHP is required.
- Proficiency in J2EE concepts.
- Proficiency in RDBMS (Experience with Oracle DBMS is strongly preferred) and SQL command line tools.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC is a must; familiarity with AGILE methodology will help.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn and implement new tools as required by the Business.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS WOULD BE A "PLUS":
- Experience working in a Cloud Environment (Oracle, AWS) (a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in JMS aware environments would be a big plus.
- Hands-on Experience with Automation Tools like Selenium/Badboy (a plus)
- Demonstrated experience of leading a team (a plus)
- Working knowledge of J2EE application servers like JBOSS, Oracle web-logic, Apache Tomcat and Apache/IBM/iPlanet HTTP Server (a plus)
- Debugging issues related to J2EE application servers/back-end scripts. (a plus)
- Any other automation tools set-up and usage that aids in process improvement (a plus)