Job Description :
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced systems engineer supporting the RMS Naval Helicopter Programs (NHP) business area. The selected candidate will be an integral member of the Segment Control (SMC) Concurrent Engineering Team (CET).
The successful candidate will have responsibility for all aspects of the aircraft embedded computing systems.
This job performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York.
Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State.
The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours’ drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live. Owego was named by Budget Travel magazine's readers as The Coolest Small Town in the United States in a 2009 poll.
• Must have DoD Secret Security clearance
• Avionics Systems engineering experience, preferably working military programs
• Experience with requirements development, system design, problem analysis and resolution, and/or integration and test
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle within military aircraft / avionics architectures and associated off-board support systems
• Demonstrated technical leadership; ability to communicate on all levels with internal and external customers/excellent presentation and customer interaction skills
• Demonstrate experience with embedded computing systems and the integration and test of embedded safety critical SW systems. This includes glass cockpit, flight management systems and embedded mission systems SW.
• Familiarity or experience with agile development
• Experience using DOORS
• Experience with modeling and simulation
• Cost and Schedule management