We are currently seeking a motivated Component Engineer to contribute to the success of the Systems Engineering, Parts, Materials, and Processes Engineering department. Primary responsibilities include leading programs as the assigned Component Engineer to ensure parts management plans are implemented to meet program schedule demands.
- Program team member to address and resolve critical issues.
- Creation and implementation of Parts Management Plans (PMP).
- Review bill of materials against program requirements to assess risk.
- Selects alternate sources of supply.
- Approves all changes, additions, deletions.
- Generates specifications for all new custom component parts
- Component End of Life (EOL), Availability, Lead-time, and obsolescence
- Cost Analysis for components used and selected for new programs.
- Assists design engineers in the selection of parts that best fit their requirements.
- Participates in design reviews for the purpose of component selection and standardization.
The candidate will have a BS or MS in engineering or related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years experience in one of the following areas: Parts Control/Management, System Safety, Component Engineering, Radiation Effects Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Component Failure Analysis, or related field. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary as the position requires program, customer and suppler interface. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and act independently as well as possess the ability to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
Preferred Qualifications in one or more of the following areas:
· Knowledge of and experience with industry/Government Standards (MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-202, EEE-INST-002, MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-1580, etc).
· Six Sigma Certification
· Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
· Experience with program and project tasks, including managing cost and schedule as well as associated reporting.
· Experience in development of technical and cost proposals.
· Proven multi-disciplinary leadership and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across the various departments.
· Failure Analysis (FA) and past experience troubleshooting.
· Knowledge of device physics and radiation effects in electronics
· Proven electronics test and circuit design capability
· Advanced capability to lead radiation effects test and evaluation efforts
· Advanced skills in the application of modeling and analysis tools
· Understanding of environmental and component tolerance worst-case effects on circuit performance and its ability to meet stated requirements.