Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travelexperiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travelexperiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people. Role & Responsibilities Senior Compliance Operations/Investigations Manager
The Senior Operations/Investigations Manager is responsible for leading Airbnb’s Global Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Operations.
The Compliance Operations team is tasked with the investigation of unusual activities and the preparation of regulatory reporting required by anti-money laundering, economic sanctions enforcement, and other compliance programs. In this role you would ensure that global AML operations are highly effective, innovative, ready for regulatory examinations and prepared to mitigate risks to Airbnb’s rapidly expanding domestic and international business.
- Oversee global AML operations, including planning for and scaling operations in new jurisdictions as needed, defining appropriate staffing structure, and maintaining accountability for the global team’s performance.
- Create, manage and maintain metrics to monitor operational readiness, forecast operational abilities, and ensure senior management has 24/7/365 visibility of the health of Compliance Operations.
- Ensure regular quality assurance of operations outputs and effective change management across global operations teams.
- Represent Compliance Operations to senior management, examiners, auditors, and law enforcement as needed.
- Partner with Analytics, Payments, Engineering, Product and Compliance Operations teams as needed to manage compliance risk for the payments business.
- Work with your team to proactively identify operational risks and escalate to compliance leadership.
- Work with the Senior Compliance Officer to develop team culture, and provide engaging opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth within the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Equivalent
- 10+ years AML operations experience in global payments, banking, or e-commerce
- Understanding of and ability to identify AML typologies in the e-commercelandscape and expert knowledge of industry best practices for compliance operations
- Experience building healthy communication and air-tight operations with a geographically distributed team
- Proven ability to inspire and lead a team to excel under pressure
- An extremely high level of personal integrity and discipline
- Proven dedication to excellence, and a flexible, creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication, critical thinking, analytical skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% time
- Professional certification in compliance risk management (CAMS/CFE/CFCS certification)
- SQL or similar data management skills