Quidel is searching for a Sr. Compensation & Benefits Analyst to work at our Corporate office in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego. The Senior Compensation and Benefits Analyst analyzes the organization’s compensation and benefit programs. The role collects, compiles, and analyzes HR data, metrics, and statistics related to employee benefits and leave, applying data to make recommendations related to employee compensation and benefits. This role researches job requirements and evaluates job positions to ensure the company is competitive and equitable in the areas of salaries and employee benefits.
- Collects and compiles key HR metrics and data from a variety of sources, including human resource information systems (HRIS) and payroll outputs, benefits enrollment records, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, personnel records, government labor statistics, competitors’ practices, and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention toward benefits enrollment, absenteeism, leave use, recruitment, motivation, cost, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports of data results, presenting and explaining findings to senior leadership.
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve existing metrics including changes to benefits, leave, and compensation offerings.
- Researches or coordinates with appropriate benefits administration staff to research alternatives for health, wellness, and retirement plans and benefit providers in order to recommend changes or updates to the company’s existing benefits or policies.
- Assists in the design and implementation of base pay and incentive programs, equity plans, and benefits programs that reflect the organization's total rewards philosophy.
- Evaluates, benchmarks, and market prices jobs using survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position along with assessing jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt.
- Review proposed salary increases and candidate offers and provides feedback based on analysis of the labor market and internal equity.
- Ensures programs align with business objectives and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices and advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, and human resource procedures.
- Provides support for the administration of the stock and equity programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- Minimum of six years of related experience in areas such as compensation, analytics, employee benefits, and/or equal opportunity compliance required
- Prior work experience in Human Resources required
- 3+ years’ experience as a compensation analyst required
- CCP, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.