Hilltop Holdings is building a premier financial services company, dedicated to Integrity, Collaboration, Adaptability, Respect, and Excellence. Our principles are the momentum that drives our actions, guides our decisions, and enables us to earn the confidence of the customers and communities we serve. If you want to be a part of a team on the rise, Hilltop Holdings may be your next move forward.
We're currently seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to work in our downtown Dallas location. In this role, youwill be responsible for partnering with HR leadership and other senior leadership and managers to develop and execute competitive and comprehensive compensation programs at all levels across Hilltop Holdings and its operating companies. You will also be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining reward plans and practices including the merit, annual incentive and long-term incentive programs. You will develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practice.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures against compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance as needed.
- Manages executive compensation. Manages performance based restricted stock/units award process. Ensures total reward packages are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Provides consultation to senior business leaders on complex compensation issues.
- Collaborates on the development of agenda topics and materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains compensation structure, pay grades, job levels, etc., and maintains oversight of the structure to ensure alignment across the entire organization.
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions specific to compensation-related programs.
- Provides routine and ad hoc reporting on compensation related topics and leverages internal and external datato drive decision making.
- Prepares modeling and forecasting of salaries and bonuses for annual budget process.
- Leads all annual compensation processes, including bonus and merit review, incentive payouts, and LTI awards.
- Oversees the salary survey participation, the evaluation and preparation of market analysis, research, and recommendations on strategic compensation policies and practices.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MS office suite of applications required with particular strength in PowerPoint, Expert Excel functionality, and online compensation tools.
- Excellent knowledge of state and national laws that have a bearing on compensation practices including the Fair labor and Standards Act (FLSA).
- Working knowledge of equity compensation accounting and associated rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of MarketPay or similar system.
- Ability to problem solve in complex situations and transfer knowledge and experience gained from other situations to successfully address new issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and work within time constraints.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive situations and information effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong presentation skills. Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent capabilities in job evaluations methodologies utilizing multiple techniques.
- Ability to create sophisticated reports in final presentation form for upper-level management. Experience interpreting, analyzing, and reporting data in a clear concise manner for presentation to senior leaders. Outstanding ability to model compensation scenarios and use analytical techniques.
- Ability to manage external vendor relationship.
- Relevant experience with variable pay plans - design and administration, along with standard SalaryAdministration program design/administration.
- Work experience in transitioning organizations, M&A, and organizational integrations.
- Adaptable/flexible/ highly collaborative in nature.
- Strong ability to manage complex projects utilizing standard project management tools and techniques
- Exceptional ability to build consensus across a wide range of constituents. Excellent at team building and motivating people. Skilled at accomplishing goals through others. Proficient at being a teacher, mentor, and coach.
- A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance. A person who leadsby example, and sets strong professional and personal standards for every activity.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or equivalent field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of compensation experience.
- MUST have financial services industry experience, banking preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working with senior leadership.
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in design/development and administration of short and long term incentive plans.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or equivalent field.
- Experience in Financial Services strongly desired.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification.