As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. At the Fed, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. It’s a big job and that’s why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference.
The Senior Internal Communications Partner serves as a strategic consultant and is the expert in building a vibrant connection between the Dallas Fed and employees across the district. The position is responsible for creating and executing a communications strategy that transforms boring/flat content into exciting, relatable efforts grounded in internal customer need, the employee value proposition and aligned to the Bank’s strategic priorities. This position interacts extensively with senior leadership, human resources, corporate planning and project management teams across the organization. This includes writing compelling messaging, crafting leadership communications, and updating and maintaining multiple communication channels.
The person who fills this role is a true strategic partner who brings the art of communication to projects and a strong human voice to leadership. Plays a key part in developing and executing a comprehensive strategy for engaging employees across the district and helping them connect ways that they can contribute to the Bank’s success. Expert communicator with strong skills in building relationships, writing, editing, new media and project management. Ability to adapt quickly, work collaboratively, inspire creative thinking and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Proven history of maintaining high standards for their work, whether working with little supervision or closely with a diverse team.
- Leads and develops highly-customized employee communications strategies, plans, campaigns and tactics; Provides coaching and consultation to Dallas Fed departments to improve communication effectiveness.
- Apply knowledge of the latest communication technologies and tools to execute communication strategies to multiple audiences through a variety of channels, including but not limited to print, web, face-to-face, video and interactive social tools.
- Works closely and collaboratively with other communications professionals within the district to ensure a cohesive and complementary approach to employee communications; manages an internal communications editorial calendar.
- Builds and leverages employee feedback channels, monitors in real time and analyzes data from regular surveys. Proposes and applies best practices to extend reach and engagement, and improve delivery methods and frequency.
- Business Expertise: Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Functional Knowledge: Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Impact: Work output demonstrates results and change.
- Interpersonal Skills: Natural influencer with the ability to explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Leadership: Natural leadership skills. Some supervisory experience.
- Problem Solving: Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgement and precedents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in communications, journalism, public relations or Business.
- Master’s degree in communications or business administration strongly preferred.
- 7+ years in internal communications or corporate communications roles in a corporate or agency setting. Demonstrated ability to deliver strategic counsel as well as tactical programming in employee communications.
- A highly-creative storyteller experienced in crafting compelling messaging and narratives.
- Possess top-notch interpersonal skills to build relationships and lead teams at all levels within the organization.
- Provides superior communication counsel to managers and senior leaders and enables them to lead dialogue.
- Strong project management skills and multi-tasking ability.
- Expertise in writing and editing in digital mediums.
- In-depth knowledge of intranets and employee social collaboration applications.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to set own priorities, and work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to project manage communication plans.
- Exceptional verbal communications and diplomacy skills.
- Deconstructs desired business outcomes to find potential focus areas for communications and can priorities plans and projects.
- Ability to articulate complex business issues clearly, succinctly and consistently.
- An eye for design, high degree of accuracy and strong attention to details.
- Understands channel benefit and options, including emerging media and selects the most beneficial
- Proactive, results-oriented.
- Equivalent education and / or experience may be substituted.