As a Sr. Communications Manager, you will help support strategy, build campaigns, and land coverage that changes the way audiences think about our client, through rich storytelling and community engagement. This position will help strategize and run hyper-local campaigns, while managing a fast-moving environment to drive clients’ desired outcomes.
The Davis Elen team is looking for a high energy, marketing communications and PR professional with an unwavering focus on business outcomes to own the development of hyper local communications plans for a global QSR brand, at the franchisee level. The candidate will also support the execution of the national and local marketing plan within the assigned geographies, to profitably build sales and transactions for our clients, while concurrently improving brand reputation, image and positioning within each local community.
Key stakeholders include local co-op franchisees, corporate field office staff and restaurant management within the assigned geographies.
Your Day-to-Day Snapshot:
- Manage development and execution of local PR plans (earned media/media relations, social media and influencer engagement, community activations including multicultural and non-profit support, and crisis/reputation management
- Specifically prioritizing the driving of traditional and nontraditional earned media and local story placements
- Provide best-in-class client services
- Build, communicate and present plans to clients and various stakeholders both remotely and in-person
- Act as an “ambassador” for the brand and agency internally and externally
In this Role, you Will:
- Lead crises management protocol and liaise to and support all applicable factors and people, respectively
- Maintain and strengthen the brand position in the assigned geography
- Build, communicate and execute co-op PR plans that are aligned to support both the hyper-local and national goals
- Lead strategic planning/alignment, tactical development, execution, evaluation, and continuous improvement of co-op PR plans/resources to achieve annual co-op goals
- Track performance of co-op PR plan priorities weekly, monthly, etc. and facilitate appropriate adjustments
- Collaborate with field partners and key client stakeholders in the development of PR briefs and plans
Specifically, You are an Experienced Professional in the Following Areas:
- Providing strategic and tactical counsel to clients and supervisors while leading/owning projects that demonstrate strategic planning and creative thinking
- Growing, managing, and maintaining relationships with key local media/influencers
- Developing, reviewing, pitching and placing relevant stories
- Building and presenting decks in a client-facing environment
- Developing and managing large budgets
- This position is remote but will require travel and in-office time on an as-needed basis. The candidate’s ideal location is in the Arlington, VA/ Washington D.C. or Baltimore areas
- Our team is growing and so is our business. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing Communications, as well as the SVP of Communications and Brand, providing visibility and opportunities to other accounts, such as Toyota, Lively/Best Buy and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field, or a strong combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years public relations or marketing communications experience (preferably in the market you reside)
- On-call crisis management experience with an understanding of how to act swiftly, remain calm and mitigate the damaging impacts (specifically with the media)
- Traditional PR experience (media relations, pitching, content writing, communications calendar development, etc.)
- Agency experience and/or in-house/corporate experience are both valuable
- QSR, CPG, or Retail client experience a plus but not required
- Social media management experience (certification and/or CMS understanding a plus)
- Proficiency in all Google Suite (G-Suite) and Microsoft applications
- Potential travel of up to 50% (beginning Q3, 2021)
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.