The Systems Engineering Center is seeking a strong, technically sound Senior Comms engineer for the role of Senior Comms Systems Engineer who is committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for advanced space-based Comms architectures, systems and mission capabilities. The successful candidate will serve as a Comms Systems Engineer on a large-scale, and very complex Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Communications (ISRC) Verona Program and will be responsible for supporting the delivery of verified products, components or services to support the Comms Sub-System team.The Senior Comms Systems Engineer will provide technical contributions to the Integrated Sub-System and system engineering work products across the entire life cycle of the program, which may include architecture development, requirements development, system integration and test, verification and validation. This position reports to the Comms Sub-System Integrated Product Team Lead and interfaces with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers.
- Minimum of 6 years of engineering experience with some experience preferred in Space RF & digital communication system design and development
- Experience in requirements development and flowdown of top-level functional, operational and constraining requirements to the Comms subsystem and hardware levels.
- Knowledge of Digital Design techniques and implementation (modem design and optimization, Advanced Coding and Modulation Schemes, SoC Design Implementation, ASIC or FPGA Design and Development)
- Ability to conduct Payload vs spacecraft trades and analyses
- Ability to conduct Requirements analysis and performance budgeting
- Ability to coordinate between organizations (cross-functional teams, customers and departments).
- Ability to contribute to the development of new ideas and concepts, translate these ideas into executable action plans, and communicate these plans to a diverse client base.
- Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skill
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Required active SSBI clearance
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (Digital Pre-distortion techniques, Carrier Recovery, Channel Equalization)
- Knowledge of Antenna subsystem development (requirements analysis, performance budgeting, conceptual design)
- Knowledge of Anti-jamming communication algorithms
- Knowledge of space hardness and survivability environments; spacecraft subsystems (TT&C, ADC, CDH, Thermal, Structures/Mechanisms, propulsion, Guidance and Navigation); and Launch vehicle considerations.
- CONOPS trades and analyses (Orbital and constellation design)
- Data delivery/data chain flow trades and analyses (operations, observation payloads, communication system, and ground system)
- Ability to mentor and lead engineering personnel to collaborate with members of other teams to accomplish problem resolution and other tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience leading multi-discipline intra-company integrated product teams
- Master's Degree/PhD in relevant field
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), or Master’s degree in relevant field