Negotiate and manage all aftermarket aspects of PACCAR’s relationship with some of its largest, most strategic drivetrain and undercarriage suppliers, including multi-year long term agreements, as well as commercial requirements such as pricing, delivery, lead-time, aftermarket support, logistics and total cost. Senior Commodity Managers are influential change agents, focused on delivering the highest value to internal and external customers at the lowest total cost. Ideal candidates are self-starters who are goal and career oriented.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in enhanced profitability, improved supply chain performance, lowest total cost and broader aftermarket product offerings.
- Coordinate with PACCAR Purchasing and Aftermarket Product Marketing teams worldwide to successfully develop and execute global supply chain and commodity strategies.
- Conduct meetings and formal presentations with suppliers, truck production Purchasing and Aftermarket at all management levels.
- Travel to supplier locations worldwide in order to evaluate capabilities, assess production readiness, investigate new opportunities, and resolve chronic supply and quality issues.
- Travel to PACCAR’s global operating locations in support of the above activities.
- Negotiate long-term supply agreements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing, related, and/or PACCAR experience.
- Experience with drivetrain, undercarriage and aftermarket parts environment a plus.
- Creative, quality and results-driven work ethic.
- Negotiation and strong analytical skills.
- PC skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- MBA a plus.