This role will lead our commercial underwriting team with responsibility for underwriting, assessing credit and counterparty risk for new and ongoing commercial relationships. This person will collaborate with the business development teams in preparing credit memos with recommendations consistent with the risk appetite of the business. The individual will have the ability to own and help evolve Sunlight’s commercial underwriting policies and procedures to prudently underwrite commercial credit.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare high-quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks
- Strong commercial underwriting skills including review of counterparty risk
- Perform independent financial analysis in accordance with established procedures for existing and potential borrowers
- Serve as the primary point person for annual reviews
- Provide interpretation of financial statement analysis and results of peer comparisons
- Complete financial statement spreads regularly
- Work credit exceptions and credit ticklers regularly
- Construct financial statement spreads and loanportfolio management reports/analysis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- College DegreePreferred
- Minimum of 5years of Commercial / Small Business underwriting experiencerequired
- Thorough working knowledge of Counterparty Party Risk Exposure
- Financial Analysis experiencerequired
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to function with autonomy and independence.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage several detailed tasks and processes concurrently
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Sunlight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sunlight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Sunlight expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sunlight’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.