Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region's credit portfolio quality and participates in processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex relationships including direct lending and agented syndicated facilities. May act in a lead capacity over Associate Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers providing guidance and supports work flow. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family and is typically responsible for the largest and most complex commercial banking group relationships as applicable to the line of business.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understands current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Cash Management, Syndication, and the Capital Market Group.
- Assists in obtaining financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintaining individual credit files for all existing customers. Participates in analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
- Collaborates in write up of all Credit Requests, Variances and other correspondence related to the relationship. Presents credits at loan committee.
- Works with loan administration in the review and negotiation of loan documents.
- Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality. Prepares quarterly loanreports on existing portfolio.
Other Job Duties
- Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio maintenance, portfolio growth, and new business development, and will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecard.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for companies of all sizes and complexities.
- High degree of comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles.