Our Client, a Developer, Owner and Manager of Class 'A' Office Buildings in New York City is looking for a 'Sr. Commercial Construction 'General' Superintendent'. Qualified candidates will have experience working in a commercial real estate environment and be familiar with the operation of a sophisticated commercial real estate company. In depth New York City COMMERCIAL Class 'A' experience is a 'must'. The successful candidate will report to the Executive VP of Construction and will office in Midtown Manhattan
The Superintendent will have experience working in the NYC commercial construction sectors and must have experience with concrete and steel commercial buildings. Must have an aggressive management style to manage subs and other Supers.
- Complete project liaison between Ownership and General Contractors and other Supers.
- On site 'Eyes & Ears' for the Ownership
- Responsible for keeping track that all deliveries are made on time
- Document and report to Ownership daily construction activities and issues
- Attend meetings with General Contractor and report back to Ownership
- Work with General Contractor, design site logistics and sequencing plans to ensure the successful and on schedule completion of the project
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all contract documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Monitor construction budgets and timelines
- Address and deal with all 'Field Questions' as they concern the Ownership
- 20+ Years of NYC Commercial Construction experience required.
- Varying experience throughout commercial sector including 'ground up' background
- In-depth experience directing and coordinating trades.
- Knowledge of construction and NYC code principles/practices required.
- Previous experience working with General Contractor teams including successful completion of projects.
- Strong technical knowledge in all aspects of construction including foundation, structural, curtain wall and concrete high rise experience
- Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering a plus.
- Comfortable communicating in large groups both at the Contractor, sub-contractor, consultant and Owner levels.