Sr Cognos Developer
Job Title: Sr Cognos Developer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Work with business user community to understand business process challenges and identify solution opportunities within Business Intelligence area.
- Provide support and expertise to the business community to assist with better utilization of Business Intelligence tools and IT solutions, for competitive advantage measures.
- Work with project lead and business users to understand requirements, conduct analysis and recommend solution options
- Translate customer project requirements into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Contribute to and support the organization’s Business Intelligence strategy
- Development and deployment of BI Solutions
- Work withinternal resources during development phases to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer;
- Develop, implement and maintain test strategies and plans
- Participate in data governance for Organization’s core source systems to ensure reporting requirements can be met
- Assist in the development of database and development standards
- Very Strong in Database Programming with minimum 5 yrs. experience - creating Stored Procedures/Functions with complex SQL Joins and use of Cursors, table relationships, mappings and definitions, strong analytical skills in investigating performance bottlenecks and implementing solutions.
- Hands-on experience in working on different Cognos versions from 8 through 10.
- Develop tabular and graphic-rich reports using Report Studio and Query Studio.Build cubes and create analysis using Transformer and Analysis Studio.
- Experience with all phases of Software Development end-to-end on atleast one project
Preffered/Relevant Skills (Nice to Have):
- Data Extraction, Transformation and Load – knowledge of how to extract, transform and load data; this would also involve obtaining and making available new data sources
- Experience in working in Onsite-Offshore environment
- Effectively communicate between teams to eliminate gaps and establish good rapport.
- Good communication (written & verbal English) skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team