Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
The Senior Coding Compliance Consultant will assist the Director of Coding Compliance with the design and implementation of an effective compliance monitoring program designed to prevent, detect and respond appropriately to coding compliance risks for Parkland Health and Hospital System.
- Must have a bachelors degree in Health Information Management, a clinical field, healthcare administration, business administration or related field.
- Must have 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a healthcare related administrative, financial, or compliance role with a minimum two years's experience dealing with coding compliance issues.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have and maintain one (1) of the following certifications:
-Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) OR
-Certified Coding Specialist-Physician based (CCS-P) from the American Health Information Management Association OR
-Certified Professional Coder (CPC) OR
-Certified Professional Coder , Hospital Outpatient (CPC-H) from the American Association of Professional Coders.
-Prefer Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) OR Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and demonstrate tact and diplomacy skills.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of personal integrity and practice ethical standards.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Job Req ID: 81765