Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Virtela is seeking a cloud-computing architect/expert with strong virtualization expertise to lead the development of its next
Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We are seeking a cloud system engineer/architect with strong virtualization expertise to lead the development of next generation virtualization platform to support our Network Function Virtualization Service (NFV Services). We deliver award-winning services in managednetworks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
- Managing development, testing, and production VM and physical server infrastructure
- Systems planning, configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings and implementation support of new applications
- Supporting all of Virtela’s network cloud virtualization infrastructure
- Interface with cloud product developers, applications integrators, DBAs, Global Operations Centers, Service Delivery Centers.
- Acting as a key member (support/consult/lead) on various cloud service development projects
- Managing capacity, designing systems architecture and performing technology refreshes
- Automating and improving existing processes
- Work with server and software vendors
- 7+ years’ experience in design, deployment, and operational support of large scale hosting infrastructures
- Experience in server hardware and CPU configuration
- Experience in Unix/Linux system administration
- Experience in hypervisor installation and configuration, such as KVM and XenServer
- Knowledge of network I/O virtualization including VLAN's and Ethernet trunking, etc.
- Experience in scripting/programming with Perl, Python, C, C++ or Java
- Experience in configuring TCP/IPnetworking, such as VLAN, IP routing, DNS, LDAP, NFS, FTP, etc.
- Experience with Ceph and Swift block and object storage solutions
- Ability to operate in high-pressure environment and successfully manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Other preferred skills/credentials:
- Hypervisor vendor certifications
- 5 years or more of server administration.
- Extensive Networking Experience, Cisco CCNA.
- 3 years or more of network administration.