We are seeking a Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect to develop solutions, mentor developer peers, interface with business users from C-Level executives to entry-level associates and help guide the overall EWB Enterprise Architecture.
The role includes identifying opportunities, gathering requirements from multiple projects and converting them to enterprise needs, and prioritizing them. It also includes creating a business justification, technical strategy and architecture, and oversight of design and implementation. The candidate will show technical leadership, and will constantly look for emerging technologies.
- Identify opportunities, understand technical needs of projects and convert them into enterprise requirements.
- Capture the business justification, usage projection and capacity need for the cloud platform and services.
- Ensure that cloud solutions and services architecture is in line with the enterprise architecture vision, uses standard solution building blocks, and produces standard architecture artifacts.
- Work with delivery teams to create scalable architecture for the cloud infrastructure, solutions and services, and provide an oversight of design and implementation.
- Develop high level architecture for usage of cloud platforms and services
- Provide architectural oversight for cloud monitoring, compliance, DR and security solutions.
- Determine and communicate the cost models of different architecture options.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to consumers of the service, clients, management, and other departments.
- Demonstrate ability to make strong judgments, work effectively with all levels of clients and IT management and staff, and work at the highest level of all phases of design and delivery of technologies required.
- Interact with vendors, evaluate 3rd party products and provide results, including, but not limited to: quality, performance, and integration methodology.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and architecture best practices; and evaluate them for applicability.
- Create best practices and example code; do proof of concepts and publish EA positioning guidelines.
- Experienced in database design and development with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Hands on experience with building cloud infrastructure from bare metal and using infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, ARM Templates etc.
- Good understanding of cloud FinOps; should be able to monitor, predict and optimize cloud spending.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes infrastructure such as deployment, runtime, security, load balancing, autoscaling, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Experience implementing enterprise scale, N-tier solutions with direct client exposure.
- Sound knowledge of Cloud Architecture and Services, Automated Deployments, SOAP and Restful APIs.
- Rich DevOps skills across SCM, Build and Release, Continuous Integration tools and frameworks such as Azure DevOps, GIT, Jenkins
- Strong knowledge in performance tuning, analysis and optimization.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Cosmos DB, MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics a plus.
- Experience with software architecture modeling and with one or more relevant modeling languages, such as UML
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development and design
- 5+ years of experience in IT architecture and/or solution delivery in a large scale enterprise
- 5 years of experience designing cloud application and solutions on at least one of the Platforms (Azure, Amazon, Google)
- 10+ years partnering with business stakeholders to implement solutions.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Banking or FinTech
- Understanding of EA frameworks like TOGAF
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology and DevOps working model
- Experience designing systems for high-performance: high throughput, high-availability, low latency