The Senior Software Engineer designs, codes, and implements cloud-based systems as a member of an Agile or Operations development team. The development is focused on building a solution that is a service oriented, multi-channel transaction platform. The Senior Software Engineer will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development. Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements cloud-based systems; develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Mentors and coaches other members of the agile team.
- Assists in the deployment of applications.
- Constructs cloud-based servers.
- Optimizes and enhances applications and interfaces to meet SLA/functional requirements.
- Drives engagement with ITS Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure cloud-based systems and programs are secure.
- Assists product owners in systems analysis and creation of documentation for all business processes.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework.
- Coordinates new product reviews, tests and pilots with other IT members, customers and stakeholders.
- Coordinates feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Coordinates structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications as needed.
- Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies. This job role may also provide facilitation of activities for Agile teams within Meijer ITS as acting Scrum Master.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of theresponsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned orrequired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
Preferred Education / Training:
- Any SAFe certification (SSM, SASM, SA, SPC, SPMPO)
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing, building, testing, and deploying software
- 2+ years experience using and implementing continuous software delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- 3+ years experience designing applications for cloud-based infrastructure
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems development and programming
- Minimum of 2 years experience on design, development, and deployment of enterprise solutions with microservice architecture; providing IAAS, PAAS with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure. (Azure preferred)
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Knowledge of Cloud security controls is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of development tools, coding languages, SQL and testing.
- Experience with Cloud orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong knowledge of database management and file access methods is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of agile practices in a cross-functional environment preferred.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.