The Project Manager is responsible for managing and executing on multiple aspects of specific client matters, from project setup to collection of the final bill. This position reports directly to a Manager, Client Services within the department and requires flexibility to work nights and weekends. The Professional Services Department primarily provides professional consulting services to the enterprise and law firms. It coordinates document review, production, advanced search and analytics using Catalyst applications.
You're great at:
- Work effectively in a team environment with both members of the Professional Services department and other departments within the company as well as external teams such as managed review providers, law firms and corporate litigation departments.
- Act as the lead consultant for matters and clients when assigned as the lead by management.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of specific client matters, from assisting with initial proposal to collection of the final invoices and consulting and strategizing with clients and potential clients on best ways to meet the objectives of the case team or end client.
- Create project plans defining scope of work including lists of deliverables and deadlines, scheduling, resource allocation, reporting, budgets, and revenue projections and execute on these plans both directly and through the leadership of others.
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline driven situations ensuring the delivery of quality work product within established time frames.
- Ensure work product of case/client team meets the standards of quality set forth in project plan and adhere to the quality standards established by the Professional Services management team.
- Develop custom workflows designed to optimize efficiency in the preparation of data and review.
- Create and provide standard and custom, proactive and reactive reports based on client needs and objectives established in the project plan.
- Assist on unassigned projects when requested by supervisors or peers.
- Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines to meet shifting client needs.
- Perform hosting activities necessary to prepare data for attorney review, including user and case administration, processing and loading documents, performing searches, and index management.
- Prepare data productions including conversion to Tiff or Pdf, branding, native productions, exporting documents, and load file generation.
- Provide support for escalated service requests including problem identification and resolution; and solving complex technical issues such as system performance troubleshooting, scripting conflicts, search result troubleshooting, and consultation.
- Effectively work with other units from Professional Services, Product Services, Product Operations, Training, managed review teams, and our Clients and their Outside Counsel to ensure delivery of first class customer service and eDiscovery management.
- Bill clients for consulting time and ensure that staff is doing the same for your assigned matters or clients in which you are the lead. Ensure all fees are communicated and understood at the onset of an engagement and when custom requests are made.
- Identify opportunities for increased operational efficiency and leverage technical skills to create and implement resulting solutions.
- Perform technical tasks such as writing custom SQL scripts and stored procedures; analyze, code and test modules (both new and changes to existing programs) from design specifications; and share tools with others in the department.
- Maintain all necessary documentation in the performance of your work including required project reporting, custom requests, and customized solutions.
- Introduce additional Catalyst services to clients as needs dictate.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, with a technical degree preferred.
- Five or more years of experience with a service or consulting firm directly supporting the litigation needs of corporations or law firms.
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of litigation lifecycle, EDRM, litigation document review and workflows, complex searches related to litigation, Technology Assisted Review and Continuous Active Learning.
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technological skills.
Desirable Work Experience, Qualifications, Skills
- Technical undergraduate and/or advanced degree preferred (JD, MS, MB