GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
The Sr. Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for managing various projects that include evidence gathering for PCI/SSOC/ISO audits, incident response, identifying and remediating vulnerabilities, and operationalizing security within cloud operations.
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership for the Cloud Security Engineering team.
- Respond to alerts from the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Antivirus (AV), and File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) systems.
- Plan and oversee security projects and initiatives.
- Automate evidence gathering for PCI and SOC audits.
- Automate delivery of security services.
- Develop and maintain Center for Internet Security (CIS) hardening standards.
- Create, implement, and adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices. Ensure others follow proper escalation procedures.
- Implement and maintain the Vulnerability Management program.
- Interact with auditors to determine scope of audits, evidence necessary, remediation, and mitigation.
- Collaborate with the Cloud Operations and R&D teams to create a Plan of Action and Milestones (PoAM) for findings requiring multiple team to correct.
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements.
- Perform system maintenance for security appliances and applications and maintain current documentation.
- Implement security mechanisms into the Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline.
- Maintain security compliance for Kubernetes clusters.
- Minimum of 5-years Information Security experience required.
- Knowledge of AWS is required.
- Experience with the following areas: DevSecOps, Security Engineering, Incident Handling, Intrusion Detection.
- Experience with scripting languages and tools such as Bash, Python, Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Administration of AWS and securing AWS services.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) technology.
- Container and Container orchestration tools - Kubernetes, Docker.
- One or more of the following Certifications preferred: CISSP, CISA, CISM.
- PCI, SOCII, or ISO experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline is preferred.