$80K — $150K *
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Vertafore is seeking a talented, energetic, and self-driven individual to join our Cloud Operations team. As a Sr Cloud Engineer you will provide ongoing support and enhancement to our AWS and hybrid cloud environment. This will entail creating and maintaining new configurations and ensuring high availability for our business-critical applications and ongoing support to AWS and on-prem hosted services. You will deliver solutions using cutting edge technologies and industry best practices to implement cloud platforms and service. The Sr Cloud Engineer promotes the use of automation to solve technical challenges and strives to create reliable and cost-effective solutions. The Sr Cloud Engineer must also have expert-level, demonstrated experience in designing and building cloud-native applications using wide-range of cloud services. This person mentors a team of junior Cloud Engineers and NOC personnel to troubleshoot and optimize Vertafore’s hybrid cloud environments.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong AWS experience in VPC, EC2, Route53, RDS, Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB/ALB, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Amazon Workspaces and other key AWS services.
· Strong experience in managing and support Linux operating systems – Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat and/or Oracle Linux
· Experience working with AWS to provide highly available, secure, and reliable services that take advantage of existing AWS solutions and services
· A thorough understanding of AWS Organizations best practices related to security and governance across multiple accounts
· Experience with AWS billing, Savings Plans and Reserved Instances
· Experience with Powershell, Python, shell, cmd and batch scripts
· Experience with cloud backup and disaster recovery models and configuration
· Exceptional interpersonal and customer support experience required
· Experience migrating critical business applications from On-premise to Cloud
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong self-starting attitude
· Bachelor's Degree in CS/IT or equivalent work experience
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional or equivalent work experience
· Network Plus certification or equivalent work experience
· 4 – 5 years of experience with AWS (preferred) or other cloud provider
· 4 – 5 years of experience with Linux. Linux certified professionals preferred
· 1 – 3 years of experience with Windows
Additional Requirements and Details:
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
Why Vertafore is the place for you: *US Only
The Professional Services (PS) and Customer Success (CX) bonus plans are a quarterly monetary bonus plan based upon individual and practice performance against specific business metrics. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
The Vertafore Incentive Plan (VIP) is an annual monetary bonus for eligible employees based on both individual and company performance. Eligibility is determined by several factors including: start date, good standing in the company, and actives status at time of payout.
Commission plans are tailored to each sales role but common components include quota, MBO's and ABPMs. Salespeople receive their formal compensation plan within 30 days of hire.
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.
We want to make sure our recruiting process is accessible for everyone. if you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact
Just a note, this contact information is for accommodation requests only.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Valid through: 12/9/2021
$250K — $350K *