$150K — $200K *
The Senior Cloud Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. This person will be responsible for the design, review of architectures, and construction of cloud service provider environments. Should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share the knowledge. The candidate must have hands-on experience evaluating cloud strategies and program architecture. The candidate must have hands-on experience with architecting cloud solutions and migrating on premise computing to cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of the AWS, Azure, and Google offerings in legacy modernization efforts utilizing Java programing in the public sector. The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting-edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Senior Cloud Engineer will play a key role in managing both client cloud instances as well as in-house instance.
Project Specific Job Duties:
•Provide guidance and technical oversight, brainstorm solutions, conduct architecture and design reviews to supportinternal teams as well as end clients.
•Present technical solutions/guidance, governance and participate in architecture and design reviews.
•Architect, design and lead the efforts in securing the cloud solutions
•Create a well-informed cloud strategy and regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
•Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
•Responsible for gathering system requirements working together with application architects and owners
•Responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources
•Discover standard cloud services offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings
•Build software for the organization's systems and ES as a service offering
•Stay well-informed of failures and complications related to a cloud offering
•Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
•Collaborate with the engineering teams to enable their applications to run on Cloud infrastructure.
•Support client using Agile and DevSecOps Methodologies.
•Assist in Providing technical oversight of various client projects
Project Specific Requirements:
•Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required
•Experience in multiple cloud providers - AWS, Google, and Azure
•At least 8 years of experience in IT
•At least 3 years of experience and focus in cloud technologies
•At least 5 years of experience in a development team lead
•Solid knowledge and hands on experience in leveraging AWS components like EC2 instances, load balancers, API Gateway, and SMS in Java environment
•Support, perform and troubleshoot deployment issues
•Review the existing documentation and document technical specifications.
•Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
•Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle
•Solid knowledge and hands on experience in leveraging AWS components like EC2, IAM, S3 CloudFormation, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudTrail and Autoscaling.
•Experience in PaaS capabilities such as OpenShift, Kubernetes Container Platform on-premise/AWS/Azure and OpenStack.
•Support CI/CD through Jenkins, GIT, Puppet, Forman, RedHat CloudForms, Satellite, Ansible
•Public Trust Clearance or ability to get it is required for this role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- Evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Valid through: 4/9/2021