AWS Architecture: Designing secure, efficient, reliable, scalable, highly available and fault tolerant systems on AWS. Selecting appropriate services based on data, compute, and database and/or security requirements. Lead efforts to identify appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices. Estimate AWS costs and identify cost control mechanisms. Responsible for any technological duties associated with Amazon cloud computing, participate planning, maintenance, support, and manage Herc infrastructure. This is an onsite position only.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or equivalent work experience.; advanced degree preferred.
- AWS professional Certifications highly desirable.
- 5+ or more years of IT implementation experience
- Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, ANSIBLE & JENKINS
- AWS Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Experience in Erwin or ER Studio data modeling tools, (ER Studio Preferred).
- Understanding of the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Domain knowledge of Salesforce Data Models, Infor, Oracle EBS, Data Warehousing (Kimbal), MDM, is a strong plus.
- AWS Automation (DevOps knowledge) preferred
- Expert in leading large global data migrations and integration efforts.
- Expert in leading technical migration, data integration and consolidation activities from traditional to cloud data structures.
- Self-motivated leader with forward-thinking visionary and entrepreneurial thinking to lead the change.