Brown & Brown is seeking an experienced Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our growing enterprise team. The primary responsibilities include day-to-day operations and support of productivity and collaborations cloud technologies. The Sr. Cloud Engineer will work closely with other infrastructure teams, profit centers, service desk and level 2 Office 365 support staff augmentation. Serve as a subject matter expert contributing to a wide variety of projects in support of the enterprise workplace and collaborations roadmap. Work under the direction of senior leadership and reports to the Director of IT. Provide technical guidance in planning and implementing new solutions while ensuring existing platforms remain stable.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all aspects of Microsoft Office 365 products and Azure AD including MFA, SSO, and related technologies.
- Automate and enhance workstation onboarding process through technologies such as Autopilot and/or SCCM.
- Contribute to future planning, implementation, and support of emerging cloud technologies.
- Perform Level 3 cloud services support. Provide troubleshooting steps and operational documentation to Level 1/2 support team.
- Maintain Office 365 licensing; produce and maintain detailed architectural and operations documentation for cloud processes and procedures.
- Analyze technical needs, document requirements, and design technical solutions for Office 365 and Azure environment.
- Provide monthly metrics for cloud operations.
- Troubleshoot to detect and solve technical problems.
- Evaluate, test and install critical updates on a regular basis.
- Integrate solutions into existing infrastructure, consult on development projects, help deploy solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
- Review current technologies, tools, and services and make recommendations for their use based on security/compliance, financial, and operational criteria.
- Contribute to providing audit proof of operations when needed.
- Assist with cyber security investigations when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact and communicate throughout the organization with individuals of varying technical knowledge.
- Experience with mergers & acquisitions with an emphasis on workplace and collaboration technologies.
- Experience implementing and\or migrating to Office365, primarily Exchange Online and Teams. ·
- Experience with Office 365, Skype For Business/Teams, conditional access, MFA, Azure AD.
- Experience with MDM solutions including Intune
- Experience with cloud-based networking including Azure
- Ability to lead a project or task when instructed to design, implement and deliver enterprise solutions
- Follow team procedures, identify gaps and resolve effectively; provide technical overview to the rest of the team when required; ensure operational standards are adhered to.
- Actively look to continuously improve working practices.
- Demonstrate and deliver excellent customer service to all clients at all times.
- Intermediate to advanced scripting skill such as PowerShell.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with equivalent work experience
- 10 + years’ experience in system and cloud engineering and is considered a subject matter expert in one of the areas: messaging/office 365, Azure, SharePoint
- Strong ITIL process and process-improvement orientation
- A passion for customer service and excellent execution
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Available for occasional travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field