Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Cloud Data Engineer/Architect will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, discovering, analyzing, and visualizing data. He or She will partner with product owners to define use cases and design, build, maintain major database components in the next generation cloud platform. He or She will consultant and design solutions to process data streams at scale (batch and stream-processing) as well as define and build microservices to support advanced analytics.
He or She will demonstrate considerable knowledge of and success in roles performing data analysis, data quality and data integration solutions in support of system integration analysis and reporting which includes but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Understand data architecture principles and support data models that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture
- Provide oversight and support for data integration/ETL processes
- Define, design and develop data quality management processes and automated procedures to insure the highest levels of data integrity
- Experience in understanding performance and cost implications in high volume transactional systems and big data storage
- Integration of data from multiple sources. Cloud on premise to a cloud environment
- Identification and integration of data from a variety of sources
He or She will:
- Design and build highly scalable data abstractions and infrastructure on our cloud platform
- Work with engineering teams to help build and maintain the data platforms
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations and help identify and remove performance bottlenecks
- Proactively monitor and stay up to date on relevant technologies, participate in user groups, understand industry trends and ensure the team adopts the best techniques and tools.
- Develop dashboards and reports to analyze data in a big data environment
- Leverage enterprise security data sources including log data securityevent data produced by security monitoring systems firewalls intrusion detection systems etc
- Use different types of databases RDBMS and NoSQL e g document graph and columnar databases including the design development analyses and system integration customization
- Lead teams projects and engagements from start to finish and ensuring team interaction client interaction billing and deliverables are all on track
- Provide solution architecture guidance to clients as part of a project team
- Develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- BS or MSdegree in a technical discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience working with solutions development methodology
- Demonstrated experiencedesigning data architectures, logical/physical data modeling
- Assessment of data quality and its potential impact on analyses;
- Experience working with REST services and security models in REST
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Demonstrated experience in advanced strategic business visioning and planning skills.
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new and complex situations
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment
- Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to effectively influence with clients at various levels in the organization
- Possesses high level of business, product and/or system knowledge
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of when and how to use business assessment and prior experience executing project discovery and investigation, including development of a Cost-Benefit Analysis for a project of moderate size
- Extensive experience working on multiple applications/projects
- Is experienced in practical application development and/or client solution delivery
- Understands and is familiar with the techniques and analysis associated with business, process and data modeling
Cloud platform experience strongly preferred
- Experience with project management and control
- Experience in BI platforms, such as Tableau, Alteryx
- Experienced in building roadmaps to understand impacts beyond the immediate project – can take on a program level perspective/view
- Able to navigate easily in a new business area and make connections to create immediate value
- Search for opportunities to connect across business areas/efforts to help align initiatives and identify opportunities for synergy.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer