Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
You possess a breadth and depth of experience in the information architecture domain and can lead our data solution development efforts in close partnership with our business stakeholders and technology delivery teams. Your prior experience includes but not limited to developing reference architectures for data acquisition, storage and distribution, data products/solution evaluations, business intelligence/data warehousing, metadata management, data quality management, data modeling and MDM. You will be part of the Enterprise data architecture team and help steer strategic technology direction, define target state architecture, technology roadmaps, build reference implementations and mentor others while championing and maturing the enterprise architecture practice. The person in the role is expected to execute on following responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the of enterprise information model and articulate the data produced and consumed by the enterprise.
- Provide architecture guidance on the identification, definition, build-out and operationalization of the strategic data entities
- Ensure that the enterprise follows enterprise data standards and practices and they align with the data policy, governance and security requirements
- Consistent data integration and distribution patterns and practices are formulated, socialized and implemented to ensure integrity of the strategic data across the firm
- Architect and follow through the implementation of the Enterprise data lake on AWS technologies to better manage our data lifecycle and enable next generation data analytics and operational use cases.
- Prepares research, presentations, whitepapers, proposals, and sample applications that demonstrate how technology can affect, often, complex systems and increase the effectiveness of the firm.
- Partners with the channel manager and the business unit leaders and managers to define and review technological strategies. Provides technical oversight to the implementation of technical strategy.
- Expert level hands-on experience with traditional RDBMS platforms like Oracle, DB2 & MSSQL.
- Experience in migrating traditional RDBMS to AWS based database solutions
- Expert level hands-on SQL & Procedural SQL coding skills – past experience in a DBA role helping performance tune queries and data stores in a plus.
- Data modeling & solution designexperience in OLTP & OLAP environments.
- Experience architecting & managing Data integration & Data Warehouse platforms on Cloud Solutions such as AWS.
- Strong analytics & reporting skills – experience with well-known BI, data blending, data virtualization & reporting tools such is expected.
- Strong data integration skills and experience especially around moving large data sets in batch & near real time across cloud & ground desired.
- Demonstrated success engaging business partners in a consultative manner and turning business concepts into well designed technology solutions.
- Expertise in building internet scale solutions in the cloud preferred.
- Business value focused mindset balancing tactical and strategic needs.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry and/or asset management space.
- Proven ability to work well and influence others. Strong inter-personal skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to generate great content and present them effectively.
- Must have a thorough understanding of agile development methodologies.
- Advanced Degree in technical, engineering or related quantitative field
- Hands on experience with No SQL Databases like Cassandra & Dynamo DB & Big Data solutions like Hadoop, Hive, Pig etc. is highly preferred
- Additional exposure to machine learning & data science techniques
- Demonstrated successful experience implementing technology solutions resulting in significant impact to the business
- AWS Associate Solution Architect Certification
- Previous experience as a data engineer or data scientist
- Previous experience in architecting and developing a commercial product.
- Experience with Web and Enterprise Content Management tools, and Web Services/SOA
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer