The PF Headquarters Information Technology team is searching for a Sr. Cloud Architect.
About the Role:
As our Sr. Cloud Architect you will be accountable for designing, implementing, and supporting systems for the Planet Fitness World Headquarters. YOu will serve as a technical expert in the area of PF’s cloud, local infrastructure, networking, and app/dev environments. As our Cloud Architect you will be responsible for providing support and implementing solutions in those areas. This position interfaces directly with internal customers, corporate clubs, franchisees, various departments, and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of technical issues.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate closely with the Systems/Cloud Engineering Manager and the IT team to execute the IT vision
- Provide technical guidance and assist in implementing cloud and DevOps solutions that align with Planet Fitness’ goals and objectives; develop solutions focused on scale, reliability, availability, security, and ease of use.
- Be responsible for the technical design and technology roadmap for the company’s digital platform.
- Have a thorough understanding of PF’s next gen. analytics and delivery platform currently under development on AWS.
- Play a role in PF DevOps initiatives.
- Manage and maintain a best-practice position on critical systems at headquarters and in cloud environments. Systems/environments include but are not limited to:
- o AWS & Azure Environments
- o Server and Virtualization
- o Storage
- o Microsoft Windows and Office 365 – Exchange, Outlook, etc.
- o SharePoint
- o Enterprise Networking (LAN/WAN/VPN/etc)
- o Printing Infrastructure
- o Security, anti-virus, anti-malware, patch management, and administration
- o User Administration and Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions
- o Telephony, conferencing, and collaboration tools
- Assist in training IT staff on critical cloud-based systems and infrastructure.
- Develop business case proposals and project plans that support the implementation of technical solutions.
- Maintain a secure environment consistent with company policies, and drive improvements to achieve best-in-class security posture.
- Perform troubleshooting as required; leads problem-solving efforts, root-cause analysis, and post-mortem analysis to drive process improvements.
- Create and manage IT department documentation.
- Coordinate with vendors to drive project success and provide critical thinking and troubleshooting on production issues.
- Deliver committed projects within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, Engineering, or related field and/or combination of directly related work experience commensurate to a minimum of 5-7 years in an architecture and or systems engineering role deploying and managing environments including:
- Experience designing and architecting an AWS environment based on best practices.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architecture certification is a plus.
- Solid understanding and prior experience with Containers technology. Docker and container-orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- IaC experience
- Terraform experience
- Experience with version control and developing in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in a DevOps role
- Excellent knowledge of domain administration and group policy administration
- Direct experience in deploying and managing enterprise-class storage solutions
- Working knowledge of networking solutions
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior communication and customer service skills; ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Function well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to garner trust among project team and stakeholders.
- Ability to work off-hours and provide on-call support as needed
- Experience working in a retail business. (desired)
- Experience working in franchised businesses. (desired)