Sr. Cloud Architect/Developer
Architect and implement a scalable, maintainable, flexible, secure and robust cloud and mobile platform and bring it to production rollout. Architect, streamline and automate corporate cloud operations and processes through build and test automation. This role must be team oriented and possess a continuous improvement mindset that contributes to the overall success of our development operations vision.
Responsibilities for role:
- Lead the development of company Internet of Things(IoT) cloud architecture and software development across multiple cross functional teams, including the mobile app development team and external cloud development team
- Develop and manage a scalable, secure, flexible and maintainable architecture for a highly scalable IoT platform and responsible for ensuring that the platform meets or exceeds the expected transactional volumes
- Lead and participate in design reviews, code reviews, agile development, unit and system integration tests
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, systems monitoring and operational support; troubleshoot/resolve issues in our automated development, test and production environments.
- Mentor teams in best practices around cloud software development process, architecture practices, design patterns and software implementation
- Ensure the solution and technical features are delivered according to the requirements, specification and the deliverables are on-time and with high quality.
- Define and develop different tools and frameworks to improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability and performance of the product
- Research and recommend innovative and progressive development operations technologies, solutions and providing justification for proposed solutions.
- Prototype theoretical concepts and deliver reference architectures, comprehensive studies, guidelines and recommendations for development team to follow and implement
Scope of role:
- Strong experience as an IoT cloud architect
- Strong leadership skills and excellent communicator
- Global team builder that can cross cultural and organizational boundaries naturally
- Superior technical experience and respected for detailed knowledge of technology
- Relentlessly champions innovative technical solutions and compelling value propositions to make company the #1 Controls provider in the United States for the HVAC market
Technical Skills preferred:
- 8+ proven cloud, mobile app or IoT architecture design and implementation experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership and infrastructure architecture
- Experience of designing and implementing scalable, secure, flexible and maintainable system architectures designed for high volume transactional rates and data flows
- Experience with different infrastructure components and database technologies, and virtualization technology used to manage infrastructures
- Experience with scalable cloud technology stacks
- Experience developing, designing and operating cloud based distributed platforms that span geographic regions a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related required
- MS preferred