Job Description Summary
The Sr. Clinical Consultant is responsible for the maintenance of customer relationships in assigned accounts, maintaining a high level of customer service at or above expectations, and demonstrating accountability for their part in the BD implementation process.
The Sr. Clinical Consultant provides consultation to facilities considering or using BD products and software, during the pre-implementation, implementation, and post-implementation process. The position leads presentations and discussions with key individuals or groups to address clinical issues and/or concerns, provides assessments, and offers the clinical value of the BD solution.
The overall responsibilities of the implementation Senior Clinical Consultant include:
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant clinical operations, products, and services.
- Provides clinical leadership to BD customers in the implementation of interoperability and connectivity products.
- Helps define implementation process, scope and timeline (e.g., integration, migration, workflow automation) for new products and services; ensures customer value is derived with each new implementation service offering.
- Interacts and supports Project Manager to ensure timely and productive implementations.
- Supports customers ongoing clinical needs to ensure adoption of HealthSight or other hosted solutions.
- Collaborates with hospital clinicians to facilitate and participate in the development of policies and procedures; defining workflows, protocol developments and updates; resource group development; device education; go-live and post-implementation clinical rounds and consulting.
- Provides follow up to customers, according to department guidelines/criteria, for the purpose of system assessment, customer satisfaction, problem solving, and evaluation of the BD product/solutions. Develops recommendations to assure that customers experience the full benefit and capabilities of solutions implemented.
Skills, Duties and Tasks particular to the job:
Senior Clinical Consultant
- Facilitation of conference calls and customer meetings primarily for large hospital systems and small/medium IDN's for BD HealthSight and other hosted solution products.
- Establish rapport with customers that is conducive to long term business relationships.
- Provide team support and product information on BD products as assigned by manager. Mentors team members to ensure product and process competency.
- Must be able to manage customer teams, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication.
- Guides the review of customer site assessment and facilitates project design and implementation of BD Healthsight and other hosted solution software products and technologies.
- Provides feedback to internal BD teams on product findings, process needs, gaps, etc. to continue to iterate and improve product offerings.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of large hospital systems and small/medium IDN level clinical workflow processes, hospital data set/drug library build, clinical system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation.
- Ability to interact and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on large hospital systems and small/medium IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrate expertise of established BD infusion and/or dispensing products and tools or equivalent industry standards.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and the ability to implement complex projects consistent with established company and customer objectives.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to aid customers in improving current business/practice operations including standardization across large hospital systems and small/medium IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to clinical workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.
- Mentor team members on products, best practices and customer education
- Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary.
- Expert with BD products.
- Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks
- Ability to actively lead projects when required
- Works independently
- Timely completion of internal company documentation
- Timely completion of project documentation
- Determines own work priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change
Required Soft Skills:
Senior Clinical Consultants should exhibit competency in the following set of soft skills:
- Negotiation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team leadership
- Ability to work in a matrixed environments
- Effective, professional customer communications (both verbal and written) including at executive level
- Decision making skills
- Working within project teams
- Conflict resolution
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience; advanced degree or certification preferred
- 6-10 years of experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current active nursing or pharmacy license required
- Acute care hospital experience required
- Specific knowledge of BD business highly desired
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.