Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Job Description SummaryThe Client Manager is responsible for managing the day to day client relationship by developing and maintaining positive client relations and coordinating with various functions within the company to ensure client requests are handled appropriately (i.e. within time and budget) while balancing client needs with company profitability. Serves as the liaison between the client and coding operations.
Accountable for developing and maintaining successful client relationships across multiple customers and internal teams. Implement strategic business development initiatives to grow the business. Assist with pre-sales processes as an operational subject matter expert and oversee implementation of new clients.
Location: Remote/Telecommuter role. Must live close to a major metro airport and be willing to do 30-40% overnight travel.
Key Responsibilities (List the top five to seven essential responsibilities in priority order):
1. Proactively manages client requests for additional information as it relates to payer trends, system interfaces, compliance, coding, and regulatory changes. Identifies trends and recommends actions to ensure maximum productivity and profitability. Ensures mutual understanding of goals, objectives and action plans related to Client’s revenue and book of business.
2. Collaborates on new client implementations including: system interfaces, client set-up, contract review, operational setup and liaison with internal teams.
3. Drives and delivers business reviews/client meetings on a regular basis with high level of planning and professionalism. Prepares agenda, handouts, and presentations to ensure all client needs are being met as it relates to current trends, future needs of the business, operational excellence, and metrics. Works collaboratively with coding managers and Analyst to ensure proper information is reviewed and presented.
4. Proactively initiates process & system improvements for the ongoing enhancement of service performance and customer satisfaction.
5. Works with Executive Director to identify areas for “up selling” opportunities based on client needs and industry changes.
5 + years Client Relationship Management experience with emphasis on client accounts within healthcare revenue cycle management. Strong coding experiencepreferred
Education/Training – Bachelors Degree in business or healthcare administration management or a related field.
Strong experience identifying and addressing client needs and developing and sustaining deep client relationships
Experience up-selling additional services into existing clients
Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills, including effective reporting of operation analytics, issues and performance.
Candidates should have initiative, the ability to work independently, meet specific deadlines and be flexible with work schedule priorities
Experience working effectively with physicians and senior management is required.
Experience working with Sales or Marketing to identify new service lines
Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Excel and/or Business Objects reporting tools. Also, must have strong experience with PowerPoint
Coding certification with AAPC or AHIMA is preferred
Travel up to 40%