Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
This is a role focused on technical claim handling for Chubb insured’s nationwide. In this role you will manage complex general liability and automobile claims, both litigated and non-litigated. This role requires an individual to be accountable for the handling and disposition of claims including investigation, coverage determination, reserving, negotiation and settlement or trial strategies. This position will require travel, as well as coordinating with and servicing both internal and external business partners. You will represent the company at meetings with management and business partners, as well as at mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and trials.
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the insured, broker and TPA in the adjustment of mainstream casualty, specialty risks and business auto claims.
- Analyzes coverage and communicates coverage positions, as warranted, under direction of supervisor and coverage unit.
- Conducts, coordinates, and directs investigation into loss facts and extent of third-party damages.
- Directs and closely monitors assignments to experts and defense counsel.
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Sets reserves within authority or makes claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to supervisor.
- Reports to reinsurers and facilitates the prompt collection of reinsurance on those matters where they are accountable.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
- Ten or more years’ experience as a claims professional with a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling of high exposure claims with emphasis on hands-on file and litigation management.
- Automobile and General Liability (GL) experience in Products, Premises Liability, Oil / Gas and Energy, Trucking, and Advertising Injury claims.
- Strong background and demonstrated ability in dealing with significant coverage matters.
- An understanding of the tenants of insurance and legal principles.
- Knowledge of P&C Group coverage and services.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and procedures.
- An ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills; and an ability to deal with customers and business partners in a professional manner.
- Ability to make prompt, intelligent decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues.
- Demonstrated strong relational skills particularly in adverse or high-pressure situations.
- A lawdegree is not necessary but recommended.