We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
As a Senior Civil Project Engineer, you will lead and perform engineering design in support of architectural and civil engineering projects related to site design for grading, storm water management, water and sanitary sewer, transportation, and environmental work.
Senior Civil Engineer’s work as part of a multi-discipline team managing the comprehensive development of civil engineering design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects. You will lead a production team of civil engineers and be responsible for the quality of the technical services provided. Assignments will include performing design calculations, interpreting and preparing reports, preparing cost estimates, and producing deliverable drawing sets for topographic layouts, grading plans, erosion control plans, and utility plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a technical expert within the civil engineering team to plan the design process and solve problems of large scope and complexity.
- Assists Project Managers with fee development for civil engineering portions of work.
- Establishes, designs, and specifies project-appropriate civil engineering requirements.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of Civil Engineers, EITs, and Specialists.
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Conducts site investigations and observations.
- Prepares narratives, reports, calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Facilitates cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Reviews civil engineering documents for quality and compliance with code and program requirements.
- Participates in Construction Administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, solving construction issues, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept.
- Mentors and encourages the development of junior professionals and technicians.
- Develops training and educational opportunities for the civil engineering team.
- Assesses and recommends improvements relative to civil engineering software, design procedures, standard details, and master specifications.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of civil engineering quality control processes and procedures.
- Performs marketing and business development activities including building relationship with key clients and strategic partners, proposal writing, fee estimates, and client interviews.
- Travel for marketing and project-related activities will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in civil engineering on a wide variety of projects.
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of site planning, design, and a practical knowledge of codes.
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and storm drainage modeling and hydraulic programs.
- Design experience in utility relocation coordination, public/private roadway design, site grading, storm drainage, and sanitary sewer design.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to direct and lead a production team of civil engineers and specialists.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately