Michael Baker is actively seeking a CADD Production Manager / Senior CADD Designer to join our Orlando, Florida office. As part of our Florida Highway Transportation Team, the successful candidate will work with our engineers, planners and designers to develop technical drawings from equipment, engineering notes, sketches, and/or detailed drawings to ensure each design meets what our client is looking for.
- Assist Project Managers by taking the lead on technical efforts and plans production.
- Mentor young engineers to develop sound drafting practices
- Ability to oversee statewide deployment of CADD standards and development of production protocols for several FL offices in 3D format.
- Expertise with Microstation software to prepare engineering drawings in 3D format.
- 3D modeling experience required.
- Open Road Connect experience is required.
- Work closely with production teams throughout FL (other designer/drafters and engineers) to ensure coordinated design and application of best practices.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and costs (FDOT experience preferred).
- Intimate knowledge of design standards to ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Ability to neatly compile data and perform design documentation required for the preparations of drawings and quality control checks.
- 10 plus years of CAD design experience (Transportation Engineering preferred)
- Computer skills: Proficient in Open Roads Connect, Microstation and Microsoft Office.