Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit
Honeywell is currently recruiting for a Sr Chemical Process Engineer to join the team in either Baton Rouge, LA or Houston, TX.
In this role, the successful candidate will execute process design for our process plants and technologies including:
- Run process simulation tools for design and alternate cases.
- Size process piping and run hydraulics.
- Develop project specifications including all major equipment.
- Coordinate the development of the PFD and P&ID flow diagrams.
- Participate/lead HAZOP and PID review meetings (external/internal)
- Participate in plant startup
Other Responsibilities include:
- Support Pre-FEED and FEED development for projects including process scope and design solutions for growth projects in Honeywell continuous chemical and discrete manufacturing businesses.
- Identify and mitigate technical and process safety risks during design.
- Develop process models, heat and material balances, process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation diagrams, basic control schemes and equipment specifications.
- Provide on-site technical support during project construction, commissioning, startup, and product trials.
- Identify and evaluate process alternatives during design and justify process improvements with economic evaluations.
- Develop expertise with process chemistry and unit operations to enable scale-up of laboratory and pilot data to commercial design.
- Work with manufacturing sites to develop and implement productivity projects, demonstrated knowledge of engineering techniques to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings, present technical content and be able to adept content/ level of detail to the audience.
- Articulate trade-offs and business case effects of technical scope or changes to the project team
- Provide process improvement ideas to drive value in cost, quality, schedule and safety
- Collaborate closely with mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, civil/structural functions and equipment vendors
- Be familiar with the work process, permitting, quality policy and apply as appropriate to each project
- Document all calculations and work processes in a clear, concise format in centralized location
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, Masters preferred but not require
- Minimum 4 plus years Process Engineering/Operations and or design engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing sector and experience with Front End Loading (FEL)
- Ability to Travel 15-25%
- Significant experience in process design & start-up on large capital projects $5M-$100M
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with developing cost-effective project scopes and justifying project value
- Excellent team facilitation skills leading cross-functional teams with manufacturing, technology and business representatives
- History of managing projects as a Project Manager or Project Engineer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills having the ability to clearly and simply visualize message on presentations.
- Intelligent risk taker who fully considers pros & cons to ensure the benefits outweigh the risk
- Analytical in nature with the ability to be decisive and results oriented with a bias for action
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- JOB ID: HRD109339
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 1200 Airline Hwy,Baton Rouge,Louisiana,70805,United States