We are partnering with a worldwide leading manufacturer in the food industry to identify a Sr. Chemical Engineer.
The role will provide assistance to the supervisors and operators performing the tasks and functions necessary for the continuous operation of the Chemical Department.
This position reports directly to the Operations Director. The Sr. Chemical
Engineer will be assisted by a team of 30 people (4 to 5 per shift), operating
· Ensure good housekeeping across the department at all times.
· Ensure safe working procedures are practiced at all times by department supervisors and that employees are trained to these procedures.
· Insist on strict adherence to safety standards.
· Confirm with supervisors that employees fully understand and accept that safety is their personal responsibility. Safety is a condition of employment.
· Lead and direct Chemical supervisors to assure department goals and standards are met.
· Train Chemical supervisors and operators to build upon their knowledge of the plant and the department so that they will have a better understanding of the interdependency of all the other systems.
· Work with Production Control on a daily basis to determine the volume of viscose needed for each line. This includes any code changes being made, the speed of the machines, and any machine shutdowns or start-ups.
· Assist Purchasing as to when raw materials need to be ordered, what our current volume is, and when orders need to be increased or decreased due to equipment or machine outages or start-ups.
· Test new raw materials and work with suppliers to improve the products being used.
· Work continuously to improve the efficiency of the department by looking for ways to automate, improve job performance, energy efficiency, productivity, and yield.
· Motivate others to be leaders by developing their individual skills, bringing out or producing new talents, building upon their knowledge and giving them more knowledge, so as to have a better understanding of the chemistry of our industry.
· Complete SAP Work Notifications when Maintenance attention is required, EG. Repairs, PM’s or Minor modifications.
· Chemical Engineer with experience in a continuous manufacturing production process
· 5 + years of experience, managing production or plant personnel