Analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate training for new and existing sales employees in Pacific Life's Retirement Solutions Division (RSD). Manages training projects, interacting positively with sales training team, project team and internal subject matter experts in order to ensure best training solutions are implemented. Uses knowledge of and experience with classroom and virtual facilitation, instructional design and instructional media to create learning solutions across a variety of platforms. Demonstrates ability to learn new, complex content and create and deliver training effectively. Integrates business and sales knowledge to ensure training is timely, accurate, and effective and is grounded in appropriate instructional design and adult learning principles. Delivers engaging content in all environments (ex: virtual, face to face) and creates a learning plan that includes reinforcement activities, when appropriate. Consistently delivers engaging content in all environments (ex: virtual, face to face) and creates a learning plan that includes reinforcement activities, when appropriate. Demonstrates expertise in annuities and mutual funds, technology, distribution process, industry acumen and customer needs. Demonstrates comfort working with all levels of employees.
Creating and Delivering Ongoing Learning: 60%
· Assess, design, develop, deliver, and evaluate on-going training initiatives such as new products and riders, product and rider changes, project related training, and training related to sales and technology skills.
· Meets with business partners to define effort scope, provide consultative assessment and recommend training solutions. Gain consensus for training plan.
· Act as a lead on large projects working with peers, business partners, sponsors and and SMEs to meet goals of learning effort. This includes providing agendas, updating project plans, documenting assignments and next steps and sending consistent communications.
· Launches all training initiatives within agreed upon timeline meeting expectations for quality of training content and delivery.
· Delivers live training (via web or in person) in support of assignments to all sales audiences leveraging training best practices for knowledge transfer and engagement.
· Is seen as a highly proficient and credible facilitator of sales skills and Pacific Life (PL) knowledge. Is sought out for guidance regarding training activities before and after training by trainees and business partners.
· Conducts reinforcement training and "days-in-the-field" with both field and internal wholesalers to reinforce sales training programs and to evaluate program effectiveness. Provides consistent and timely feedback to Sales Management related to trainees.
· Proactively creates surveys, assesses survey results, researches best practices/tools in the adult learning profession and takes action to enhance content.
Support New Hire Training: 30%
· Assess, design, develop, implement and evaluate training for new sales employees Pacific Life's Retirement Solutions Division.
· Interacts with RSD Sales Management and other stakeholders to identify and address training needs for new employees.
· Delivers new employee oriented training and proactively recommends new courses or updates to existing courses.
· Proactively creates surveys, assesses survey results, direct feedback and training outcomes for trends and recommends new content and approaches to training for RSD employees.
· Demonstrates ability to create training in a variety of formats working with Instructional Designers and Media to create video, e-learning, and motion graphic content.
· Uses effective presentation skills, appropriate facilitation and adult learning techniques to conduct and facilitate training for new employees.
· Identifies and uses subject matter experts and vendors, where applicable, to assist with training design and delivery. Comfortable coaching guest speakers to drive learning results.
Project management: 10%
· Leads projects, including building training plan, tracking project progress and managing training project outcomes.
· Uncovers and relays roadblocks, challenges and risks associated to projects to key business partners, sponsors and training leadership. Recognizes business impacts/issues on projects and shares insights during projects team.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: List knowledge, skills, abilities, mental demands and behaviors; i.e. # years of experience, education level preferred, licenses and/or certifications, tolerance for multiple demands, ability to work with others, etc.
· FINRA 6 or 7 (ability to acquire w/in 180 days)
· 7-10 years of experience in a professional training role or sales training role or combined experience in professional training and sales
· Demonstrates excellent facilitation and presentation skills in person and via virtual learning platforms.
· Strong knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design required
· Experience in Annuities or Financial Services industry preferred
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects and programs
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Experience authoring instructional materials for instructor-led and virtual training as well as designing for learning media
· Social/mobile learning experience preferred
· Degree and/or certifications in related field are highly desired