Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
The Change Management Consultant is responsible for planning, designing and developing change management strategies and plans on strategic cross banner change initiatives. This position will provide you with the opportunity to apply your change management, communication and business process experience and knowledge to build comprehensive, innovative and creative change plans that will accelerate stakeholder adoption and engagement. Using your advanced consulting skills you will collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to identify stakeholder impacts, risks and design change plans. You will be a key member of our Project team working on large strategic initiatives, as well as continuous improvement initiatives, across all Canadian Tire Supply Chain banners.
What you'll do
- Design stakeholder impact plans including identification of impact criterial, ratings and description of change in order to build specific change plans.
- Design and build comprehensive and flexible change strategies and plans that address all elements of change.
- Build specific change activities including a change network to lead the change and communications vehicles to promote and establish awareness.
- Build change curriculum and programs to develop and prepare leaders on change theories, concepts and best practices.
- Write and design creative and innovative messaging and visual communications using video and other multi-media products to increase awareness and mobilize commitment
- Design an evaluation plan that monitors adoption and engagement rates of stakeholders throughout the change.
- Collaborate with the sponsor coalition, cross-functional stakeholders and business partners to build effective relationships and integrate change plans into the business units.
- Regularly and consistently facilitate and manage the adoption of change plans and techniques within the business units.
- Apply standard Project Management tools and techniques to identify, plan and monitor deliverables.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technology.
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative and critical thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing plans to drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication with advance consulting skills
- Highly skilled in Microsoft office applications and able to develop powerful presentations and proposals
- Relentless learners who consistently develop their skills to continuously improve
If you're curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you've done
- Degree in business administration or equivalent.
- Change professional designation (PROSCI, ACMP or equivalent)
- 5 plus years designing and executing change strategies and plans on large strategic initiatives that include system, business process, workforce transition and cultural change
- Working knowledge of change models, concepts and theories
- Experience working with and understanding business process and identifying and analyzing gaps between current and future state
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment with several cross functional stakeholders
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities in a large dynamic environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills