The PRA Category Specialist is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and leading a comprehensive program for corporate purchasing and spend management in support of the Procurement departments goals and objectives. Serving as a leader at both the category and functional levels, they will work closely with IT/Telecom leadership, develop supplier partnerships, and continually adapt procurement processes to ensure products and services are acquired at the best possible cost and quality. Responsible for enforcing compliance, driving efficiency, and mitigating risk at each stage of the sourcing and purchasing cycle. The Category Specialist is also a strong advocate for Vendor Management and will coordinate with Compliance and PRA Vendor Relationship Owners through all phases of the Vendor life cycle (On Boarding, Managing/Monitoring and Off Boarding).
- Responsible for implementing sourcing strategies that reduce costs and promote consistent innovation
- Define and communicate best practices for each stage of the procurement process.
- Develop and manage strategic plans for his/her assigned categories
- Establish a standardized approach to procurement based on thorough understanding of category-specific best practices as well as the organization's capabilities, needs, and objectives, and in support of key stakeholders/subject matter experts.
- Align the procurement function to serve the organization's short and long-term strategic objectives
- Lead continuous process reviews and introduce updates to increase efficiency and value generation
- Develop and implement supplier management processes informed by relevant metrics and organization goals
- Consistently evaluate risk factors and develop knowledge of industry trends, market fluctuations, and emerging technologies
- Serve as liaison between procurement department and executive suite delivering regular status reports and strategic recommendations
- Execute purchasing agreements with key suppliers that support business requirements, optimize costs, and align with the organization's risk and supplier management practices
- Review documentation and contracts and address exemptions alongside stakeholders/subject matter experts
- Provide category input to maximize procurement leverage, optimize project design and minimize project durations and cost.
- Develop and maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with corporate policies as well applicable statutes and regulationsREQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management or related field required.
- 10+ years of experience with focus on purchasing management, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, and contract negotiation
- 5 plus years of implementing strategic sourcing events
- Procurement expertise in the IT/Telecom vendor category.
- Experience with Purchase to Pay work flow tools, like Coupa and SAP Airiba.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional, diverse procurement teams
- Demonstrated ability in developing category road maps in support of business unit and procurement goals and objectives
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit