This position reports to the Vice President of Category Management and is directly responsible for four Customer Category Managers supporting the following key customers: SUPERVALU, AWG, C&S, Target, Albertsons Companies, and major regional retail chains located in the Midwest and Western US.Position will have direct responsibility for some of the customers. The position will be located in the Post Consumer Brands Corporate Office in Lakeville, MN.
- Work closely with the VP of Category Management and internal Post Teams to ensure CM Team is aligned against largest opportunities.
- Manage and develop team into the most knowledgeable trusted advisers in the cereal industry.
- Develop a relationship with customers as the trusted adviser and experts in the RTE cereal category. Securing or maintaining Post position as the categorycaptain or validator.
- Provide category management insights and actionable recommendations that will drive category growth at customer. Provide detailed category analysis and recommendations in the areas of product assortment, placement, pricing and promotion that will drive category sales.
- Key contributor and participant in customer Joint Business Planning meetings.
- Develop customize customer fact-based selling tools and selling stories that support Post growth initiatives. Provide insights on how Post initiatives drive overall category growth.
- Manage the customer category review process. Expert at presenting shelf recommendations and developing POG’s that drive category growth.
- Align with Post Sales Team to close biggest opportunities for customer growth. Participate with Post Sales Team presenting recommendations for category growth.
- Set customer performance targets and proactively identify opportunities based on in-depth understanding of the customer`s capability, position in the market, and willingness to execute. Ability to challenge the status quo to implement positive change.
Job Requirements: Travel 30-40%
4-year college degree
10-yearexperience in Consumer Package Goods industry.
5-yearexperience in Category Management.
- Proven track record managing Category Management Teams.
- Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers.
- Ability to develop strong long term client/customer relationships.
- Analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Mod Building - Highly proficient using Space Planning tools (JDA).
- Strong working knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data).
- Strong oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly proactive with strong time management and organizational skills.
- CPG selling experiencepreferred.
Job ID SRCAT04303