General Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for deposit development activities and strategies that promote cash management services and business account growth by attracting new business and building relationships with existing business customers. Additional duties include: set up of Cash Management products and services, conducting demonstrations of Treasury Banking Suite and Online Deposit, preparation of proposals and account analysis, responding to operational and research requests for business clients for the department. May direct the work of others. Proactive selling and calling efforts on existing customers to up-selling products ; and creation of self – sourced calling efforts on prospects This position has a high level of customer contact with all types of business clients.
• Develop and manage business relationships and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through sales and cross-selling efforts to satisfy customers’ financial needs.
• Conduct interviews with customers to establish financial needs emphasizing financial counseling then processing requests or making referrals for financial products.
• Participate in Great Western Bank’s business development program by making outside sales to new and prospective business clients with Commercial Lenders to small and mid-sized businesses to assess their financial needs.
• Handle the departments and officer’s day to day operational issues for business clients’ which includes exercising discretion and judgment in resolving customer service and operational issues.
• Oversee implementation and set up of new deposit products and services to assure accuracy and high level of service to business customers.
• Select, develop and manage performance of direct report(s)to ensure a consistent cash management culture. May direct/delegate work and provide leadership to team members in other locations.
• Maintain knowledge of competitor products and services, including pricing of deposit and loan products, fees and other charges in the market. Recommend changes to bank management with an objective of maintain competitiveness and profitability for the bank.
• Prepare annual personal and staff business plans and strives to meet or exceed the goals and objectives set by the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, finance, or related area, or equivalent experience required.
• 7 - 10 years of banking experience required and possess an advanced level of knowledge of business banking, cash management products, applications and processes
• 1 - 3 years of supervisory experience leading cash management teams.
• Working knowledge of all bank products and services.
• Direct sales and business development experience to businesses.
• Strong sales, communication, cross-selling, sales planning, mathematical, decision-making, customer service and analytical skills.
• Capability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation preferred.
• Effectively utilize and manage time to accomplish sales goals on a consistent basis.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.