$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
For supporting our digitalization projects in the Catalysts Research, we will need additional external resources. As 'data mangers', we look at our various data sources, structure data and data flows, organizes data in suitable SQL and NoSQL databases and make data available for data analytics via REST APIs.
An important topic is the integration of our laboratory instruments into our IT landscape - we want to create 'digital workflows' and avoid to document on paper in future. We need to develop bi-directional driver for instruments and send the measurement data to other relates systems, like Laboratory Information and Management Systems (LIMS) or Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN).
For convenient data access, we will create a web dashboard for end users using modern, state-of-the-art web technologies to visualize and filter measurement data.
C++ Software Developer Role Summary:
As a contract C++ software developer for us, you will create a framework for establishing digital workflows and integrate our instruments into IT solutions.
Also, new functionality must maintain a streamlined user experience. In addition to being highly productive, you as a successful candidate need to be easy to work with and able to communicate clearly across different disciplines since you will work directly with software users and within a small tight-knit and dynamic development team.
• Developing C++ applications for Linux and Windows using modern C++11/17 language
• Work with SQL databases to store and structure data
• Participate in architectural decisions related to the instrument integration
• Expand the test coverage for newly developed functionalities using Boost test library.
• Refactor the application where necessary.
• Well experienced C++ developer
• Extensive experience in software design, development and testing, integrations, program installations, and system implementations.
• Experiences with RS232/Ethernet/Sockets/USB interfaces
• Familiar with modern libraries (Boost, QT) and build tools (CMake, Make)
• Experiences with 'embedded environment' is a plus
• Strong skills with the Linux operating system.
• Agile development tools, like version control with git and Atlassian products
• Using tools for continuous integration and automated testing
• Experience with Microcontrollers and Mini-Computers like Raspberry Pis is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to produce results on a timeline.
• Clear communication
• Web APIs, RESTful service implementation.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13